How To Write A Strong Argumentative Essay In Literature: Basic Hints
Argumentative essay is the paper where you support a particular idea and try to convince your readers in it. When it comes to argumentative papers about literature, students usually pick particular books and raise their arguments to support some unobvious messages hidden in these books. However, not all the students manage to do this successfully. If you want to learn how to write a good argumentative paper in literature, you should read the tips below.
- Read the book.
- Narrow your topic.
- Use strong arguments.
- Do plenty of analysis.
- Connect your arguments.
- Use present tense.
If you’re assigned to write an essay on a particular piece of literature, make sure to read it before writing your paper. You should know all details of the story to raise your arguments. Otherwise, you may miss some very significant facts that will ruin your whole work.
You shouldn’t write about a book in general. To come up with decent arguments that you will support in your paper, you should choose a particular part of a book to write about. You may focus on dialogues and their hidden meanings, for example. Some pieces of literature give a broad specter for your speculation.
When it comes to raising arguments in support of your ideas, you should use very good evidence. Find phrases in the text of a book and use these quotes to confirm your arguments. Explain the meaning of a particular quotation to your readers if it’s difficult to understand it right away.
Giving your readers particular quotes from the text, you should analyze them in details. The tone of dialogues might show the relations of the characters. It’s advisable to divide quotations into small parts and review them separately to reveal as much details as possible.
All your arguments should serve the main goal of your essay. After raising and supporting particular arguments you should explain to your readers how they are connected to your thesis statement and other arguments. This will help your readers to see the full picture and understand your ideas better.
It’s advisable to use present tense instead of past tense when describing actions of the characters or the events of the book. This will help you convey the atmosphere of the story and make your readers to plunge into the world created by the author of the book.
These are the basic rules you should use when writing an argumentative essay in literature to get a high score for your work.
Get your college essay written with experienced service - Papers4College - buy custom papers online.
Essay Writing Ideas
- Writing an essay on psychology
- Guide on essay outline
- Critical essay: useful hints
- Composing an essay on literature
- Persuasive argument paper
- The US trade statistics: essay sample
- Sample about investment in Turkey
- Fresh ideas for evaluatin paper
- Fresh topics for cause and effect essys
- Composing a cause and effect paper
- Compare and contrast essay ideas
- Marijuana lagalization: essay sample
- Topics for a strong persuasive essay
- Idaes for history essay topics
- Descriptive essay sample available online
- How to write a paper on illegal immigration
- Where to look for essay examples on art
- Using quotation marks
- Sample about corruption
- History essay topics
- Cause and effect essay topics
- Analysis writing topics on dating
- Recommendation on how to start an essay
- Writing a descriptive essay
- Topics for a good argumentative essay
- Thesis statement and topic sentence
- Essay writing prompts
- Crafting an essay conclusion
- Topics options on the Crimean war paper
- Original descriptive essay topics
- How to outline an essay
- Topics for 5-paragraph essays
- Sample about Indian culture